Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Initial Squad Assesment - Defenders

Before I get started with my career I am going to go over my squad in detail and develop a plan for improving the quality of the side. Here is the default squad I am presented with at the start of the game:



My assistant manager (Kevin Bond) has this opinion of the side:



His assessment doesn't really tell me much so I am going to have a deep look at my entire squad.

Goalkeepers

Gomes: The 27 year old Brazilian is a recent signing for the Spurs and will be the heart of my GK for the foreseeable future. He has tremendous skills and should be just fine in all competitions.

Cesar: The 36 year old Spanish keeper is another recent signing for the Spurs at GK however he is nearing the end of his career and will only serve as depth player.

Ben Alnwick: The 21 year old keeper has limited experience and will not figure much into this season's plans.

Fullbacks

Vedran Corluka: The young exciting signing from Man City will be given every chance to earn a first team spot at RB. He is also a very capable DC and will cover in that role as well.

Gareth Bale: The young left back will start the season as the first choice at LB and it is expected that he will develop early into a great player.

Benoit Assou-Ekotto: The 24 year-old left back from Cameroon should see some time in the squad this year and should be a fairly reliable backup for Bale.

Gilberto: The aging LB is unlikely to figure much in the plans this year and will be limited to backup duties only. I will likely look to offload him at some point this season.

Alan Hutton: This promising young fullback from Scotland will definitely see first team time this season and my hope is that he can develop into a full time player within the next couple years.

Center Defenders

Jonathan Woodgate: The reliable English defender will feature this year in the DC role, however this is a position that I will immediately look to upgrade.

Michael Dawson: The once promising defender will likely see a lot of duty under my time at Tottenham however he may be forced out of the first team if I can acquire a player of more quality.

Ledley King: The oft-injured center half will be used in a rotation and his fitness level will be very much in question throughout the year. I will keep a close eye on his progress however I cannot count his availability.

Also seeing time at CB in a depth role will be Vedrun Corluka and Didier Zokora.
This wraps up the initial assessment of my defenders. Stay tuned for my assessment the attacking squad and midfield next!

No comments:

Post a Comment